Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's been a while. I know, I know......

My friend Korie is having a baby!!! Korie and I went to nursing school together and carpooled many 'a day together. She went with me a few weeks ago to Wenatchee, the day we went LOOKING for a dress for Nikki for Tolo--Oh My Goodness.....I'm thinking Korie won't be forgetting that day for quite some time AND I'm thinking she's REALLY HOPING for a BOY!! :) Don't get me wrong...girls are just fine............when they're BABIES!! Those of you who have, or who HAVE HAD, a teenage girl(s) KNOW what I mean!! Anyways.......
Korie is having a BABY, she went with me shopping for the day....we found this CUTE scrapbook AND matching paper (at Target none the less). She was admiring this book so I told her I'd make her up a scrapbook for the baby. I worked on it last week so thought I'd share what I've come up with. The pages are pretty simple but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
What do you think??
Front of the book. Korie can put a picture of baby in there when he comes. :)
This is the first page.
I THINK I'm going to somehow do 'Welcome (baby's name) or SOMETHING before I give it to her.....I just haven't figured out WHAT for sure yet.....
Ideas????


(TRY not to look at my HUGE MESS in the background). HOLY COW if you only saw my work area right now.......
I tried to couple these pages together BUT they're each separate so she can take them out and rearrange them how she likes.

As you can see.......
I didn't get too crazy embellishing these pages. I know Korie bought a matching sticker pack for this paper so she can use those if she likes.
I AM going to stamp some images from a stamp set or two for baby's weight, date etc....

The page on the left, and the wanna look like quilted pages are my favorites!! I don't know why.....
just are.

I think this is the ONLY page I did photo mats for....why?? Who knows?!
You never know how someone else is going to want to put their pages in.....






Another one of my favorites.
The square in the middle says:
"Life affords no greater responsiblity, no greater privilege, than the raising of the next generation. -C. Everett Koop"
Isn't it the truth.
This is the last page.
It's a pocket page. I actually cut the page protector so the top will be protected and she can still put little momento's in the pocket. That little silver baby clip there kind of holds the page protector to the paper.
By the way......
This paper (Monkey Around Paper Pad), also from Target, to match the book is by K Marcella. There were 12 designs, 36 sheets for like eight and change in the pack and let me tell you it is a NICE paper. Not too thin not TOO heavy--a NICE weight! I'll definately buy more of this brand paper---LOL--silly me! I did!!
That's all for now.....
I'm off tonight so I'm HOPING to MAYBE get some creating done today. We'll see. I moved MORE stuff up from my other room last week and it's kind of a mess up here so I guess I REALLY should TRY to get some organizing done. We'll see what I feel like doing later on but right now I'm off to pick up Salvador!
Enjoy your Sunday!!!

5 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Your friend is so lucky to have you! I would LOVE to have someone help me with my daughter's baby book! I love what you did!
Carrie

Stacey said...

Thank You Carrie!!
But I have to tell you....I sat and, I think, I went through your ENTIRE blog last night. I LOVE it!!!! YOU are SO creative!!!

DESIGN BY CATHLEEN said...

Hi Stacey,

So glad you found my blog, and in turn I found yours! Love your creativity! And yes run out and get that lotto ticket!!! Love the black/White and Green in you back drop.

Ho, Ho,
Cathleen

Lorie said...

This is completely amazing! You did a great job!

Sit A Spell said...

How thoughtful...this is great! I really need to focus on doing some pages next yr!