Monday, November 3, 2008

Baby 'Album'

One of the girls at work, Regina, just had a baby girl---well, the baby is going to be 2 months old in a few days-- I'd got a few things 'for the baby' one being a cute little photo book. There are 20, 5X7 , double sided pages so I thought decorating up those (40) pages would be a 'fun' idea. I've kinda put it off...just because. Well, Regina is back to work now and I decided I guess I'd better get that book, and the card, done so I can get her stuff to her. I decided I was going to go 'simple' because 1) if you remember, I'm 'going simple' these days 2) I need to get it DONE!! I started working on it this morning and this is what I've come up with so far:

I apologize in advance for the not so great pictures.........
This is the first photo page.
There is another page first with 'vital statistics' so I didn't see a need to repeat.
I was having a 'hard' time trying to decide what I was going to do. At first I thought I'd go pink's and purples BUT while going through my 'stash' I came across some stickers, "1 month old" etc, etc.... so decided I'd just go ahead and do a few pages of the pink, graduate into monthly pics and then do a few 'first Holiday' pages (Halloween-I'm going to find out if she 'dressed' the baby up first, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter etc..). I'm going to do 2, facing, pages for each month.


Pages 2&3


VERY SIMPLE but the pages aren't super big anyways so it should make it a little easier for photo placement, I hope.









1 month old


CTMH papers and cuttlebug die cut flowers.


2 months


again, cuttlebug flower die cuts....






3 months


misc pattern paper and CTMH paper embossed with the cuttlebug paisley print.


VERY SIMPLE right?!



4 months--I just followed the lead of the sticker here....those are rainbows on the '4'. I don't know yet what I'm going to do for the facing page...

5 months
Actually I'm going to move this one to the bottom page instead of the top and just do the top page like this one without the border on the bottom.
And this is as far as I got before Joe got home from work this morning and I haven't been back up here until now and NOW it's time for dinner.
I wanted to get these pics posted though because I've been 'slackin' when it comes to taking pictures of my 'creations' the past few months. It seems I'll NEED a card or something for an event, make what I need and give it without taking a picture.
HOPEFULLY I'll be able to finish this book by Wednesday so I can FINALLY get it to Regina and she can start filling it!!
That's all for now.........

No comments: