Saturday, January 9, 2010

Whoooooooo

Joe and I made a 'run' to Wenatchee yesterday so OF COURSE I made a stop at CW!!!
I could have stayed in there a LOT longer than the 2 hours Joe SAYS I was in there BUT Joe was with me. After he finished his 'errands' he was back and although I must admit he is pretty patient when it comes to my CW time, after a while.....he was HUNGRY and ready to GO. I must admit......I was hungry too....so off to Mai Lee Thai (our FAVORITE place to eat in East Wenatchee)....yellow curry with chicken, #3 please, for ME! Heavenly I tell you........just heavenly!!!
Anyways..........I digress..
I picked up only a few stamps....I just bought a few sets online the other day, and a few more a few days before that,.........(CAN'T WAIT to get them!!!!) so I really didn't feel like I could justify too many!! :) Trust me when I say I could have easily talked myself into some more though....teeheehee.
This is one of the stamps I got.....Stampendous, cling rubber (I LOVE these!!! I have a few others and I REALLY do like them!) Owl Friends.
I FOUGHT with the original layout I was going to use for this image a good part of last night and for a little while this morning before I decided to just GO SIMPLE! I like it a LOT better. :)
Those little owls are just SO sweet to me. I'm thinking Father's Day card..........Whoooooooo's the best Dad?!?! You are!!! ..................Owls remind me of my Grandmother. She LOVED owls.
I colored the images in with my colored pencils and used OMS and a blender pen. I 'ruffed' up the edges of the image paper a little........just because.
I also used some of my new 'SMOOCH spritz', (Clearsnap Holding Inc.), but you can't REALLY tell so much in the photo. New product for me....kinda cool! Picked up some SMOOCH, Pearlized Accent Ink too. LOVE the bottle. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the colors!!!! DELISH! and FUN!
I'm BIG into Monsters for some reason lately. I just LOVE them. So I picked up a monster set by Hero Arts. I don't have anything done yet with them so you'll just have to wait! :)
And............
THIS is my latest project.........I am LUCKY enough to be going to Creative University this year!! I am SO excited! charm I joined the charm swap.....colors are pink, green, white and silver. We are to make 15 sets of two charms......one creative, one filler........ These would be my creative charms.
So the question is..............
white eggs or green???
I already have one vote for green....
These are really quite fun to make and I'm thinking they'd make cute little Mother's Day pendants or charms for friends!
Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time........

3 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Oh, I really like the green! And I'll be seeing you next month at CU. :) Haven't started on my charm swaps yet - got to get motivated to do that. lol

Beautiful Greetings said...

Hi Stacy,
I tried your email but I haven't heard from you and You have WON my Skipping Stones Stamp drawing! Please email me at peggyrussell@centurytel.net!

www.beautifulgreetings.blogspot.com

Crafty Jenn said...

Hi Stacey!

My name is Jenn, and I'll be at CU next month too! Yay! Just visiting your blog from the CU thread. I LOVE <3 LOVE your nest charm!! Such an awesome idea!

Dontcha just <3 Craft Warehouse?! My family went to Leavenworth after Christmas, and I just HAD to drive to Wenatchee to go to CW. I found sooooo many goodies there! Love that place!

Rambling, sorry. See you at CU!
<3 Jenn