Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Celebrate Everything

We've been invited to a birthday party for a friends, just turned, 8 year old on Sunday. I figured since I was home today I might as well work on her card. I worked on it a bit this morning and nothing was working the way I wanted it to. I just got these FLOWERS die cuts for my cuttlebug and I REALLY wanted to use them. I SO didn't think I'd EVER use die cuts in my cuttlebug, I bought it solely, or so I'd thought anyways, for embossing. However, I thought I would/could get some good use out of these flowers. Although I'm not CRAZY about this card it's alright and I'm sure she'll like it just fine--well, as much as ANY 8 year old 'dig's' a card anyways. :)


Yet more $dollar store$ paper and CTMH cardstock. Celebrate Everything stamp set (SU!), misc ribbon, gem brads--thinking making memories and of COURSE stickles!!

Imagine, I'm AHEAD of the game for Sunday. This like NEVER happens!! Now, all I have to do is pick up a gift!

I have a favor to ask of you all........
my dad had double knee replacements yesterday. He did GREAT through surgery and is doing pretty well today, well, aside from being a little lonely and having a little bit of a fever. Would you mind keeping him in your prayers for me? I'd sure appreciate it. The plan is for him to stay in the hospital until Friday and then he'll be moved to 'the hotel' where they do rehab and he'll be there for 10 days or so. The Dr. saw him this morning and said his knees were horrible. There was NO cartilidge and he was wearing on his bones. Good thing he had the surgery no doubt, but the Dr. says his recovery will be quite painful. Thanks in advance for any and ALL prayers!! :)
Enjoy the rest of your Wed. I get to go get my hair cut. I had to cancel for next week and she called today and is able to fit me in. YIPPEE!! I'm STOKED since usually you TRUELY have to make your appointment weeks in advance!! So, I'm off!!

No comments: