Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oh, Hoppy Day!!

Do you ever do something and then WONDER WHY you do the things you do???

Samuel has a birthday party tomorrow for another little boy--my guess is he's turning 8. Joe picked up a gift for him today when he went to Omak and I made up a card.......WHY would I think I should MAKE up a card for an 8 year old who's going to look at it for a minute, IF that, and then just chuck it anyways?? I dunno.....but these are the things I do.

My original plan was to do a football themed card since the boys are doing flag football right now......but I couldn't come up with a birthday greeting involving football.......any ideas?????

So, I decided to go with this frog. I LOVE this set. I believe it's a retired set, from Stampin' Up!! called, 'Frolicking Frogs'. I water colored them in with my waterbrush. I SO lifted the sketch from Beate's blog...it was a card another girl had made-her's had a frog on it too-- and I just thought it was SO cute. I used OLD paper from a DCWV paper pac (Retro Prints). Anyways, here it is:


I think it came out cute.......
Samuel said it was 'girly'. I think he just had his mind hooked on a football card. Joe said he didn't think it was girly so I'm going with that. :)
He, Samuel, just walked by and said, "Oh, there's Zeke's card." I asked him if he wanted a different card and he said, "Nah! You already made that one." So, I guess this one will 'work' for him after all!!
Well, that's all for today.
I'm working tomorrow and Saturday so I'm pretty SURE there won't be any creating for me for the next few days.....
Sunday I'm talking Year Book pictures for a friend and we have our first test of the quarter on Monday so I'll be studying in between all that.
The next few months (Oct-Nov) are going to be pretty hectic and busy for me between juggling class, work and my preceptor stuff so I don't know how much posting I'll be able to get to but I promise I'll TRY.
Don't forget about me!!
Until next time,
Happy Stamping!!!! :)
Materials used:
Stamps: Frolicking Frogs (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: DCWV Retro Prints-the Paper Stack, CTMH cardstock: Topiary, Crystal Blue, Bamboo & Holiday Red
Ink: ALL CTMH: Topiary, Kiwi, Sunflower, Holiday Red, Chocolate and Bamboo
Misc/Accessories: white ribbon (scrap jar), pewter brads (CTMH), glitter glue (crayola), watercolor paper.

No comments: