Saturday, August 18, 2007

FINALLY!

I have to thank Aura and Kris for inspiring me!! I got together with them yesterday after our test. Aura was helping Kris to put together, what turned out to be, THE SWEETEST poem/picture/collage for Kris' daughter--she's getting married in Sept. The poem was SOOO sweet and Aura is AMAZING! It turned out BEAUTIFUL! Anyways! It turned out we HAD (heehee) to go to the Craft Warehouse to pick up a few things for Kris' project-ahem...and a few little things for me too!!!! But, I'll get to that later.......................
All that playing REALLY got me into the mood so guess where I've been most of the day so far? Yeppers! In my, as Joe likes to call it, 'Scrap-n-Crap' room!
First I had to come in this morning to clean off the tables. UGH! I had school stuff, papers, stamps, tools, etc, etc...from the LAST time I tried to play scattered all over the tables.
I got MOST of it picked up and put away and then decided to PLAY!! I started using a retired, Stampin' Up set called Simply Circles.
I TOTALLY lifted this card from splitcoaststampers:





I wasn't AS pleased with mine as I was with the one I saw there--and my apologizes......darned if I can find who originally did this one! I went back and looked and looked and can't find it. It's there SOMEWHERE.

I used CTMH paper and stamps: Chocolate, Cocoa and Crystal Blue.





Using the same stamp set I did these up:
Again, I used CTMH papers and ink--
Colors and Ink= Watermelon, Orange and of
course Black. I just LOVE these colors together.


Something on the splitcoaststampers site inspired
me to do one of the resist techniques where you
first stamp with the versamark and then with a
cottonball rub chalk over the card. I love this
technique. It's just FUN!





This was one of the first cards I did. I wasn't real happy with how the small circles stamped out on the watermelon but oh well. I wasn't SUPER crazy about this one. It needed something.........


SO-After I took THIS picture, I added some ribbon............




Waddayathink?? Better??


I thought so.




I like it MUCH better with the little bit of white, organdy ribbon-CTMH of course! :)
This is a card I actually DID make last weekend. It was a QUICKIE and I didn't have a chance to post it. I DO like how it turned out. It's a SU set-Watercolor Garden. I LOVE it. -I say that about MOST of my sets don't I?! --Well, I guess that's a GOOD thing! I random stamped a piece of white cardstock using Cranberry and I THINK it was buttercup and Garden Green (CTMH ink and cardstock). All I did for the tag was cut out a flower from the random stamped page and used my tag maker thingy (Making Memories) to MAKE it into a tag. It is SO simple but I love it! I feel like it COULD use something in the bottom right hand corner but I can't think of what and then I'm afraid it would be too much. Suggestions are welcome.





So these are a few of the stamps I picked up yesterday-one of those 'few little things for me'.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE 'em but I'm not quite so sure what I'm going to do with them SO--PLEASE---if you have ANY suggestions.....PLEASE DO share in the comments section--OR you could email me.
Aura actually reminded me of the Twinkling H2O's I have. I think I bought them 2 years ago or so......anyways, don't you know I'd NEVER even opened the package!! SO, this am I broke 'em out and started playing with them but I wasn't really all that excited about them so my guess is I'm using them wrong! Any suggestions or ideas for those would be greatly appreciated too!!
Well, I guess that's all for now. I'm going to hope to 'play' for a while longer. Keep checking back to see what else I come up with.
I have OODLES of pictures to scrap also. While I was gone this week our pictures from the lake came in so I'm going to HOPE to get some of them done too! We'll see.
Until next time........
Happy scrappin' and stampin'!

No comments: