Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Party!

I had a Graduation/Thank You Party for friends who helped us out while I was in school. I'm just SO thankful and appreciative to ALL our friends and family who supported us, helped us out with the kids and EVERYTHING else AND for ALL the prayers sent up on our behalf. We are SO blessed to have SO many wonderful friends!! A HUGE THANK YOU to each and EVERY one of you!!!
I think a good time was had by all. We had enough food to feed a small nation--we're STILL finishing leftovers!! I've been lucky enough to be able to use some for breakfast's, lunches and dinners for the past few nights. The boys are getting TOO used to veggie&cheese omletes but what better way to use up all those left over veggies and cheese!! I even made homemade mac and cheese the other night. I mixed 4 different cheeses (gouda, pepper jack, cheddar and some french cheese my mom picked up at COSTCO) and topped it with some left over ritz crackers. Hey! It's ALL gotta go!!! :) The boys (Joe, Chris, Sammo and my Dad-yesterday) have had cheese and veggie omelets for two days now and I STILL have cheese left over!!!
I still have crackers, cheese balls, spinach dip, artichoke dip, party mixes and MORE to use up. I'm HOPING Nikki has a few friends over for annual New Years Eve Party and that they help to use it up for me.

Here's a picture of me with my cake.
My friend Kim asked if she could bring the cake-of course I said YES! so she had it done with the school colors....silver and black. I think it came out beautifully!!
Thanks Kim! :)
Unfortunately we didn't get many pictures. I was too busy visiting and Mom didn't think about it until it was too late. I think Nikki took a few but she was busy hangin' out with her friends that came. I'm gonna have to get a hold of her camera and see if she got any pics for me.
It was a FUN FILLED evening that is for sure. The WORST part about parties at your own home, for me anyways, is that I NEVER feel like I had enough time to spend with all my guests!!

No comments: