Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I hope your day is FILLED with multiple blessings and MUCH JOY!!
We don't usually do much for Thanksgiving and it's certainly not 'traditional'.
Nikki has requested for Joe to make 'his ham'. We ALWAYS have it (Joe's ham) for Christmas but Nikki ALWAYS tries to get him to make it for Thanksgiving as well.
So, YES! We are having HAM for Thanksgiving!!!
We'll also be having mashed 'taters, sweet 'tater casserole, green bean casserole, green salad, home made crescent rolls (I have a KILLER recipe!!)
and pun'kin pie.


Samuel helped me earlier this morning in the making of the pies.....He LOVES to help us bake and cook and I hate to discourage him for fear that then he'll NEVER want to cook or bake. So, even though sometimes it's a pain in the neck........I let him do as much as I can.


We got to the part where you pour in the evaporated milk.....it was like pale yellow in color---hmmm.... well, I thought, it's fat
free....maybe it's supposed to be yellow?? Well, when the white chunks started coming out I pretty much knew somethin' wasn't 'right'. Turns out the 'best used by date' was 2005!! Guess THAT can had been around for a little too long huh??? I guess we're just not a big evaporated milk using family!!
Anyways, down the drain it ALL went!
Luckily we had another can of pumpkin and JUST enough sugar--errr, well, splenda--it's all the same!!!


Anyways, here are a few pics of my 'lil man makin' his pies.......


...and the finished product(s)!!


Hopefully we can 'train' him to be as GOOD a cook as his dad!!!
Again,
Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours!!

No comments: