Saturday, November 17, 2007

old truck

Yeppers! Another card.....
This one is for my dad.
My mom was real sick a little over a year and a half ago and hospitalized for 5 weeks. I flew home to Connecticut to stay with my dad and youngest brother. During that time the relationship between me and my dad REALLY grew. After I returned home (to Washington state) we'd gotten into a little routine for a while where we'd talk once a week or so-sometimes more often. Not for too long but just long enough to 'touch base' and talk for a little bit to see what the other was up to. Well, my dad's been SUPER busy lately--as I have--and we just can't seem to connect-the whole phone tag thing... I miss talking to him. He makes me laugh, he makes me think-I mean REALLY think about stuff-and he can even make me CRAZY at times. :) BUT, as crazy as he can make me sometimes, I'm SO thankful for the time we had to grow our relationship.
Anyways, this card is for my dad. I'm going to write a nice note on the inside and remind him of just how much I love and miss him-and also tell him how excited I am to see him, and my mom, next month when they come to visit!!
Well, I think that's all for tonight. I'm tired so I think I'm going to head off to bed.......
ENJOY the rest of your weekend and come back and visit again SOON!!

-S
Materials Used:
Stamps: oldtruck (TAC), Geometric Thoughts (CTMH-B1090), Simple Stitches (C1234)
Ink: Close to Cocoa (SU!)
Paper: Chatterbox
Accessories: brads & photo clip (CTMH), twill (just4fun crafts)


After looking at this card for a while I decided I should just go ahead and color it in........
What do you think??
I was really looking for more of a RUST color to color the truck but it would seem I DON'T HAVE a rust colored chalk. This is the closest I could get.
I'm pretty sure my dad will like it regardless :)

1 comment:

Rachele Funk said...

I love the colored version. Wish I had a relationship with my dad of any kind. Glad to know some of those who do, cherish it!