Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wells Dam

Yesterday I had to pick up my car in Wenatchee---we had a BIG windstorm here a few weeks ago and my car was parked under one of those carports with the canopy overtop--well the wind blew it right into the drivers side. Really that damage wasn't THAT bad...a few little dents and a metal rub area on the back. BUT, it's, fairly, new!! We only just bought it in February. For a $100 deductible, I figured we'd have it taken care of........
Oh! And let me tell you---if you live anywhere in the area and EVER need any body work done to your car, truck, SUV, whatever.........First Choice Collission in Wenatchee on the Ave. OH MY GOSH!!!! AWESOME job, NICEST people in the world. VERY impressed!!! I hope to not have to use their services again :) but KNOW FOR SURE where I'll go if I do!!
I was also able to schedule orthodontist consults for both kids for the same day. I always TRY to 'kill two birds with one stone' and make more than ONE use out of the 2+ hour trip over.....
anyways...........Joe was going to drive me over so I could pick it up.
My friend Kim came up with a MUCH better idea...........
Her husband was going salmon fishing so she said how about drop Joe off (half way) to meet up with the guys to go salmon fishing. I'm pretty sure you can figure out already that Joe was all over THAT idea! :) He went, had a GREAT time and is now CONVINCED that he NEEDS a $50,000.00 fishing boat. HA! He didn't catch anything--except for maybe some sun--lol. Shane got one though--way to go Shane!!! But, Joe DID have FUN!!
Kim was nice enough to drive Joe's truck back to Well's Dam where we met up with the guys later in the day, fishless..........
Of course the kids wanted to get out while we were waiting so they played on this horkin' turbine:


So here's Nikki, on her oh, fourth attempt to run up the ...whatever you'd call that piece.....










Here's Salvador......
He ran RIGHT up to the top. I told him, Imagine having your skateboard?! I guess I probably shouldn't put ideas into his head.....










......and of course my little man........
He finally made it up....after a few tries....to the top. I don't think he ever made it up quite high enough to sit up at the top like Salvador but at least high enough to 'hang' for a bit........lol

I've gotta say....I was a little tired, oh the last 45 minutes home......Keep in mind I'd worked the night before and had been up since 4:00pm Thursday.......When we got home, I unpacked the car and fell asleep on the sofa!!


Looks like Nikki will get braces after all. He said only a year, he can't guarantee but was pretty confident it wouldn't be much more than a year if at all. Of course all she's concerned about is NOT having them on for her Quincenera next year--Yes!!! She wants to have a Quincenera. And after being in Texas this year---well, it's only confirmed her thoughts!! UGH!! More money, more money, more money!! Anyways, would you believe, for a 'nominal fee', of course, they'll take the braces off and replace after the event?!?! Hmmm, the things they'll do these days! LOL
Anyways,
I'm off to a wedding this morning....I'm starting and finishing up the card as I post this......
I'll post the pic when I'm done.
Enjoy YOUR weekend!!!!!!
I KNOW I'll enjoy mine!!!!
;)

No comments: