Thursday, September 11, 2008

CBC Challenge #4: Think INSIDE the box

Courtney at Created by Courtney started doing challenges about a month ago. I'm SO happy to finally be able to participate in Challenge #4: Think INSIDE the box. The challenge is to make a box or alter a box.
If you're interested in more details about her challenges just click on the link to her blog above!!
Here is my box:
This is an oragami box and it really was easy shmeasy!! I'm not FOR SURE where I saw this tutorial but I PROMISE to look for it and add it to this post as soon as I can find it. My original plan was to make up some cards for Salvador's mom for her birthday (late as he never thought to inform me it was her birthday. But, better late than never....right?). Anyways, the first card I made up, not pictured as I've already given it away to another somebody special, was too big. Hmmm, yeah, well, it would seem I didn't think to MEASURE to be sure it would fit--ding dong!! SO, I measured......I THOUGHT I measured and cut accordingly but evidently I was off somewhere because guess what??? This card didn't fit either..... so it's just for looks now!!! :) AND it's back to the drawing board for the cards.

This is just a picture of the box closed. The paper is just some older paper I had from a paper stack and some SU cardstock (chocolate and pink).
Ribbon is CTMH white organdy and Designer Blush Polka Dot.
And yes, I used one of my large square nestabilities for my card base.
There you have it!!

4 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

These are so elegant looking! Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

That box is so pretty. You know what I'm thinking? It would be pretty place to put truffles as a gift! or so many uses....

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous and elegant :)

Dani said...

Wow! Gorgeous!